Thursday, September 11, 2008

Song of the Week

This week we're all about covers. From keeping the covers on our Jeeps because of crappy weather to covering our butts over the LHC to finally having to throw on the cover becuase it's getting cold at night. Now, I know a lot of people (my sister) don't like KT Tunstall, but ever since I used to have to lifeguard for the women's swim team practice (redundant, yes) at 6 in the morning during my tenure at TCNJ, I have had a soft spot for the Scottish street performer. Her song "Suddenly I See" has always reminded me of the girls chatting with each other during their 300 kicking drills or doing 1000 yard backstroke drills or whatever. KT actually records all of her beats before she starts to sing and has them programed into her footpads; where regular guitarists use the footpad for key changes, she cues her own backgrounds. This stems from her street performer days. She is just a talented individual.. And yes, it helps that she's kind of cute.



Anyway, I have also always had a soft spot for this song. I just love the intro so much. Sue me, I'm a sucker for MJ (up until "Black or White" at least). And having the whole instrumentation to back him up, priceless. Great song, great cover.

No comments: